The local area
Beautifully located within the sleepy village of Sawley within The Forest of Bowland and beside the River Ribble, The Spread Eagle Inn is an incredible place to visit.
If you wish to venture out into the gorgeous countryside, The Spread Eagle Inn occupies an abundance of great walking trails to embark upon with walking maps available upon request – perfect for walkers and cyclists alike.
For those of you wishing to learn a little more about the Ribble Valley History, the historic town of Clitheroe is a short 12 minute drive away, boasting the most notorious, Medieval castle in the North West; Clitheroe Castle. After surviving through The Battle of Clitheroe, The Norman Conquest, the witch trials and countless weapon raids and The Civil War; Clitheroe Castle withholds some of the richest memories within Lancashire’s history.
- There are two dog-friendly rooms within The Spread Eagle Inn.
- Dogs are allowed within the main bar area but not the restaurant with their own dog menu available.
- Afternoon Tea is served between 2pm-6pm.
- Lunch is served Mon-Sat 12:00-14:00 & Sun 12:00-19:00.
- Dinner is served Mon-Fri 17:00-21:00, Sat 18:00-21:30 & Sun 12:00-19:00
Submit your review